Thursday, July 26, 2012

DIY Beaded Wire Curtain Tie-Backs

DIY Beaded Wire Curtain Tie-backs!

I am very sensitive to light when trying to sleep, so black-out curtains are a must for me! Once we put up my beautiful slate gray curtains, hubby started using the blind cord to tie them back. *grrr face*
So I needed to come up with a frugal and beautiful way to tie-back our curtains.

The trouble I ran into was a double window which didn't have enough room to do 2 of the typical "hook shaped" tie backs. What is a girl to do?

I'll make my own, genius! I went to Michaels and picked out some nice beads on sale, chose a wire, then headed over to the picture frame section for the little D shaped hooks.

Attached wire to D clip and then build beads as your heart desires. Make sure to test your first string to make sure it is long enough to hold your curtain back. My first attempt was great for a lighter curtain but didn't quite hold the thick black-out curtains.

Here are some photos, sorry the flash is throwing all the colors off:



Here is the double window I was talking about earlier:

The wire makes it very easy to manipulate how the curtain drapes. I didn't take much time to make it look pretty when I took the photos, but it can look quite fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment